The FCA have announced today that they have extended the submission deadlines for some regulatory returns. The extension applies for submissions that are due up to and including 30 June 2020.
For example, if you have a return due on 21st of May 2020 but a 2-month extension has been granted, the submission will need to be completed by Wednesday 21st of July 2020. If the extended deadline date happens to fall on a weekend, the submission should be made by the next working business day.
Returns not included below do not have an extension and firms must submit their data in the usual timeframe.
For small or medium-size businesses (paying less than £10,000 in fees and levies in 2020/2021) the administrative fee for late returns has been waived until 30 June 2020 (this also applies to any returns not listed below).
You are still expected to submit your return as soon as possible and should you miss a deadline (in the period up to 30 June), the FCA will send a reminder letter to you.
Extensions apply as follows;
SUP 16 handbook returns:
1-month extension applies for the following returns:
- COR001A (Own funds)
- COR001B (COREP Leverage Ratio)
- COR002 (COREP LE)
- COR003 (COREP NSFR)
- COR005 (Asset Encumbrance)
- FRP001 (FINREP)
- FSA004 (Breakdown of Credit Risk Data)
- FSA005 (Market Risk)
- FSA007 (Operational Risk)
- FSA008 (Large Exposures)
- FSA014 (Forecast Data from Firms)
- FSA017 (Interest rate gap report)
- FSA018 (UK integrated group – Large Exposures (UK integrated group))
- FSA019 (Pillar 2 Information)
- FSA055 (Systems and Controls Questionnaire)
- REP005 (High Earners Report)
- RMA-D2 (Financial Resources)
2-month extension applies for the following return:
- FIN-A (annual report and accounts)
You are not required to submit the following return for 2020:
- Employers’ Liability Register compliance return
Other Handbook returns:
2-month extension applies for the following returns:
- Annual financial reports (as required under Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules)
- Credit union complaints return (CREDS 9 Annex 1R)
- Complaints return (DISP Annex 1R)
- Claims management companies complaints return (DISP 1 Annex 1AB)